Whatever your reason for coming back to education, updating your skills, gaining a new qualification, achieving a personal goal or ambition, ITC welcomes all mature students.
We know it can be daunting, but you are not alone and ITC has a range of supports in place to help you decide what course to take, get through the application process and get settled into college life.
Mature applicants for courses must be 23 years of age or over on January 1st of the year of entry to the course. Each mature application is considered on an individual basis and applicants may be invited to attend an interview in May of each year
Submitting an Application
Applying as a Mature Student is different to those who are applying directly from School. As part of your application you will be asked to include:
- Courses you are applying for.
- Details of your schooling.
- Any further education you may have completed
- Details of any current studies (if you are currently studying)
- Information about your work and life experience &
- A personal statement about how these relate to your current application
Our Mature Student Officer, Jenny, will be around throughout the year to help you in any way she can. You can contact Jenny by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.