Administration Graduate Internship Specification
Ref: SU 05/018
The Students’ Union is offering the opportunity to apply for an Administrative Graduate Internship Programme. Applications are open to IT Carlow students who have successfully completed all of the coursework for a relevant Degree. The internship is for a period of nine months beginning September 2019. An internship provides a valuable opportunity for students to boost their career prospects and for the Students’ Union to benefit from the application of their knowledge and skills to a position within the SU. Benefits include a monthly salary of €1500, plus expenses, public sector transport costs for official business, and access to staff facilities, gym, library, canteen, etc.
Boost your Career Prospects
The internship is a valuable opportunity to build your career profile and to improve your prospects of future employment. Through an internship, you have the opportunity to achieve the following:
· To apply academic knowledge and skills to a real work situation
· To grow in confidence and to develop personal skills and qualities
· To build a more successful CV/career portfolio and to have real work experience to talk about in an interview
· To make contacts and network
· To learn about yourself and what type of work suits you
· To avail of personal mentoring and career development
· To obtain a reference for future employment
Responsibilities of Internship
The purpose of the role is to provide administrative support to the Students’ Union and the provision of facilities to students. You will also play an important part in the promotion of the Students’ Union to students and provide general support and assistance to the Students’ Union.
Duties may include:
· To provide a ‘front of house’ service to the Students’ Union and maintain the SU Area;
· Organise inventory of supplies and total cash and till receipts as required;
· Develop and maintain a Social Media Strategy across all relevant social media channels;
· Graphic design for the Students’ Union;
· Act as a main referral to the SU for student inquiries;
· Support the union in organising events;
· Other duties as assigned by the Vice-President for Entertainment & Communication or the President.
· Applicants must be a Level 7, 8 or 9 final year IT Carlow student in 2019;
· Minimum requirement is a 2.2 in a Level 7 degree; (Applications can be submitted prior to receiving final results, but offer of an internship will not be made until results are available.)
· Professional in manner;
· Some administrative experience, preferably in a busy, customer focused environment;
· Be able to react immediately to a ‘change in routine’ and re-prioritise tasks in a changing and fast-moving daily environment;
· Have a flexible approach to work with an ability to work event hours, on occasions, when required;
· Be capable of working on their own initiative. The successful candidate must have a proven track record working autonomously in a similar role;
· Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to engage with stakeholders and colleagues across the Institute;
· Strong IT Skills
· Demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of a team;
· Analytical thinking and effective decision-making skills;
· A strong commitment to the delivery of quality results;
· Self-motivation, drive, and integrity;
· Excellent organisational & time management skills and possess excellent telephone personality;
· Will enjoy working with students and has a knowledge and appreciation of the needs of students;
· Must be prepared to undertake such other duties as may be assigned to you from time to time on any of the three IT Carlow Campuses.
Should you wish to apply, please complete the IT Carlow Students’ Union’s Graduate Internship 2019 Application form which can be obtained here. This application must be returned via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 12 noon Tuesday 28th May 2019.
In your application, you are reminded to highlight the skills and personal qualities that you think make you suitable for the Internship.
Application Procedure Checklist:
1. You are a Level 7, 8 or 9 IT Carlow final year student in 2019.
2. You have completed the official IT Carlow Students’ Union Graduate Internship Application Form.
3. Your application is submitted by the closing date: Tuesday 12 noon 28th May 2019