Useful Contacts

There may be a time that you find yourself experiencing difficulty in your accommodation. There are many people and organisations that you may need to contact for advice and support.

If you have any questions relating to your accommodation or are experiencing difficulty with your landlord/agent, you can always call into your Students’ Union for help.

There is also an accommodation officer in Student Services, who you can contact for advice. For more information, have a look at the IT Carlow website here.

You can also contact Threshold, who are a registered charity whose aim is to secure a right to housing. They have many information pages on their website that may be useful to you including tips for students and information on sharing accommodation. See their website for more details

The Residential Tenancies Board (RTB) was set up in 2004, and their role is to support the rental housing market and to resolve cheaply and speedily disputes between landlords and tenants, affording protection to both parties without having to resort to the Courts. Thre is a lot of information available on their website, and you can also check if your landlord is registered with them. For more information, see their website