Helping you get well sooner with FREE GP visits for USI members
Seeing a GP online with VideoDoc provides quick and convenient access for patients to receive a diagnosis, treatment and when necessary a prescription or sick note. You can see a GP from wherever you are on a computer or mobile device.
VideoDoc, the Irish leading digital healthcare provider has joined up with USI to provide 7 day a week online GP service provided free of charge to all 374,000 student members of the Union of Students in Ireland (USI).
The service will be available free from today until the end of the academic year (June 2018).
Students can use the service here: http://info.videodoc.co.uk/usi
Join thousands of people who get medical advice, diagnosis and treatment from doctors throughout Ireland right here, every day. Join the movement, download the VideoDoc app now.
When to use VideoDoc?
- For diagnosis and treatment of everyday illness
- If you need a prescription for medication or the pill
- When worried about a personal health issue
- When in need of a referral for immediate treatment
- When considering A&E for a non-emergency situation
- When you are not comfortable talking to your own doctor about an issue
- When your usual doctor is unavailable
- When travelling and in need of medical care
For more information, check out VideoDoc’s F&Q section here: https://videodoc.ie/patients-faq/
5 Steps To Using VideoDoc
- Register for an account or, if you already have one, use your student e-mail and password to login. This service is only free to students who are members of the Union of Students in Ireland (USI).
- You’ll be asked to tell the doctor the reason for your visit, any medications you are taking and any allergies you may have.
- There is no cost involved because you are a member of the Union of Students in Ireland (USI) so make sure to sign up using your college e-mail address.
- Before you see a doctor, you can update any personal health information you would like to share with your doctor. Please enter your preferred pharmacy and the doctors can send your prescription directly to them. If you are not seeing your own doctor, you may wish to provide VideoDoc with their details for continuity of care.
- A consultation with VideoDoc usually takes place in less than 10 minutes. If you do not want to wait on the platform you can select the option for the doctor to text or call you when they are ready to see you.
VideoDoc is Europe’s fastest growing online doctor service offering consultations anywhere you can access the internet. Using a computer or mobile device you can have a secure video consultation with a GP, without the need to make an appointment. Access to the VideoDoc online doctor service is through www.videodoc.ie or the VideoDoc iOS or Android app from 8am to 10pm, 7 days. The service costs €20 per consultation with monthly subscriptions available at €30 for an individual and €75 for a family of four giving the benefit of unlimited consultations and no hidden fees.
Founded in 2014, VideoDoc helps doctors and patients re-design the healthcare system, and is currently partnered with a number of high-profile providers and businesses, including Vhi Healthcare, Beaumont Hospital, Wrkit and Clanwilliam Healthcare in Ireland.
USI is the national representative body for the 374,000 students in third level education on the Island of Ireland. USI works to improve and protect the lives of students every day on academic and social issues through campaigns, training and research.
Commitment to Quality and Security
VideoDoc takes its role as a best in practice provider of online healthcare seriously, with patient care being supported by proprietary clinical pathways which aid doctors in delivering a comprehensive service. All VideoDoc GPs are Irish Medical Council registered with at least two years on the Specialist Register and have been fully trained to provide remote health services. VideoDoc already meets the requirements of the GDPR regulations.
Some Quick F&Qs
When is VideoDoc available?
The doctors are available 7 days, 8am to 10pm.
How much does it cost for a consultation?
The cost of an online doctor consultation is free for all members of USI.
What is the wait time to see a doctor?
A consultation with VideoDoc usually takes place promptly, but if you do not want to wait on the platform you can select the option for the doctor to text or call you when they are ready to see you.
Can a sick note be issued?
If the doctor deems it appropriate they can issue a sick note. Your sick note will be available to you in your personal discharge document, accessible in your Consult History. If you would like your sick note to be sent as a separate document to your email you can contact the Care Team to assist you with this request.
About: Prescription Queries
Will VideoDoc be able to provide a prescription?
Yes, when appropriate you can be prescribed medication.
Is there an additional fee for a prescription?
No, there is no extra charge to receive a prescription.
How are prescriptions issued?
Prescriptions are sent to your preferred pharmacy, or directly to you if you prefer. If you need your medicine/s immediately the doctor will fax the prescription to the pharmacy.
Can I get repeat prescriptions?
All prescription requests will require a consultation with a doctor.
Can I be prescribed controlled drugs?
Doctors are unable to prescribe controlled drugs.
Will all pharmacies accept VideoDoc prescriptions?
A prescription from a VideoDoc GP is the same as the one which you receive from an in-person consultation with a doctor.If you have any difficulty relating to your prescription contact the Care Team for immediate assistance.