Before sitting any exam, it is vital that you are aware of the examination procedures and regulations for your course which are available in your student handbook. You should understand the overall examinations process prior to entering the Examination Hall. For examination information, you should check the IT Carlow website, as updates will be posted there.
Examination timetables are released on the IT Carlow website, the date for which is outlined on the Academic Calander annually.
Some points to remember:
- You must be a registered student of IT Carlow to sit any examinations
- You should read the Examination and Assessment Regulations prior to entering the Examination Hall.
- A candidate shall not bring into the examination hall, or have in his/her possession, or under his/her control, or within his/her reach ay book(s) notes or electronic storage and retrieval devices unless specified on his/her examination paper. This includes mobile phones.
- All candidates will be required to present their Institute Identity Card/Student Card in order to gain admission to the Examination Halls.
- Candidates are required to be in attendance at the examination hall at least 15 minutes before the examinations commence.
- Candidates will not be admitted to the examination in any paper after thirty minutes of the time for that paper has elapsed.
- Examination halls will close 5 minutes before examination commencement time and candidates who arrive after this time will not be allowed into the hall until 10 minutes after the examination commencement time has elapsed.
Students who are unable to take an examination or complete an assignment due to extenuating circumstances such as illness/bereavement should submit evidence of the circumstances to the Head of Department. Such evidence may be taken into account by the Examination Board in assessing the performance of the individual student. However, it must be pointed out that under no circumstances may a student receive marks for an examination or assignment which he/she has not taken.
Examination results will be published online, and all registered students can access their results through the link sent in an email to their student email. The date for publishing results is available on the academic calendar. You will be required to enter your student ID and password to access your results.
For more information, see the IT Carlow website.
Please note that if there are any fees outstanding, the Institute will withhold a student’s results until payment is received.
IT Carlow Students’ Union will run exam preparation campaigns in the lead up to examinations, so be sure to keep an eye on our social media for more details.
If you have any questions relating to exams, please talk to the Vice President for Education & Lifelong Learning by emailing email@example.com.