Students’ Union Elections
In line with IT Carlow Students’ Union Constitution, every year the student body has the opportunity to elect the Students’ Union officers to represent them for the following year.
The Executive Committee consists of four sabbatical positions and five part-time positions. The sabbatical officers are full-time positions with contracts which run from July 1st to June 30th. The part-time positions are open to current students who wish to hold them alongside their studies.
The three sabbatical positions are:
- Vice President – Education & Lifelong Learning
- Vice President – Welfare & Equality
- Vice-President – Entertainments & Communications
The five part-time positions are:
- Sports & Societies Officer
- Mature Student Officer
- International Student Officer
- Wexford Campus Officer with responsibility for Full-Time Students
- Wexford Campus Officer with responsibility for Lifelong Learning Students
As per our Constitution, Students’ Union elections take place no earlier than the 1st of March and no later than the 30th of April. Every registered student is entitled to run for any officer position within the Students’ Union.
If you are considering running for a position within the Students’ Union, call down to talk to the relevant officer about what is involved in the role. It is such a rewarding job but it might be different than what you expect so it’s always good to find out as much as you can first!
You can find out more about what is involved in each role by looking at the ITCSU Constitution which gives a breakdown of each role.